Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Same Here

Service Manager finally admitted to me that there was nothing they could do about it.

No wonder Toyota now sells more vehicles in Australia than Holden and Ford combined.

Takes a special type of customer to be continually given the mushroom treatment and keep coming back for more.

Not this puppy. Last GM product that will ever live in my garage

My thoughts exactly the last Holden I ever buy. Crappy after sales service from 3 different dealers. They just talk the same s@#t as Holden do.Deny there is a problem and finally you go away.

I've gone away for good.

:rip:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
well when i bought my car from work the guage was all jumpy from less than half a tank, holden reflashed it and its been good since, although it over estimates, says theres 10 litres left when you can fit 50 back into it,

there was also DIFFERENT problems to the fuel guage in the vz, some required a reflash and others required a new sender unit and so on so forth

vzute2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6L M6 Alloytec Commodore Ute
I Had the HSV 3 window cluster put into my V6 about 3 months ago and so far the fuel gauge is working correctly, although the bloke at holden that programmed the cluster used the orginal pulse code that was out of my old cluster

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I HAVE THE FUEL GAUGE PROBLEM YAAAAAAAAAAY... just bought my ute last friday. drove it right down to 6kms left then only 56 lts filled her up. so basically 14lts out.

knowing my luck though if i push it beyond the 0km limit the gauge will actually be working and ill get stuck lol got 471kms out of 56lts though, with 14lts remaining which i thought was pretty good! :D

malik

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vy s ii
skoda octavia 1.9 diesel turbo ...oh man that is some pulling power with the turbo kick... gives atleast 700-760 kms in a full tank of 55 ltrs( not sure) but it is worth about $60 NZD.......... mean az drive..... best power...be it an open road, highway, or just usual local areas..

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
My Adventure

I have had the ECU and Sender unit software updated with no effect. My VZ SV6 went in today to have the sender unit replaced. The dealership claims they have tested the sender on a mulitmeter and there are no problems. They have rung Holden and Holden claims that there are no problems with VZ sender untis and mine would be a first. Apparently if they just replace the sender and Holden finds the sender is OK, the dealership gets charged so they won't replace it.

The dealership want me to record how the gauge reacts and come back to them. They say the next step is to look at the wiring. There maybe be a loose connection to the computer.

Having read peoples experiences here I am finding this hard to believe. Any thoughts?

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
I Wish You Luck

I have had the ECU and Sender unit software updated with no effect. My VZ SV6 went in today to have the sender unit replaced. The dealership claims they have tested the sender on a mulitmeter and there are no problems. They have rung Holden and Holden claims that there are no problems with VZ sender untis and mine would be a first. Apparently if they just replace the sender and Holden finds the sender is OK, the dealership gets charged so they won't replace it.

The dealership want me to record how the gauge reacts and come back to them. They say the next step is to look at the wiring. There maybe be a loose connection to the computer.

Having read peoples experiences here I am finding this hard to believe. Any thoughts?

:bang: GOOD LUCK :cry:

kpop

Reaction score
i think my fuel gauge might be out too (05 vz calais 3.6 v6 190 alloytec auto).

here are the cars details when the fuel warning buzzer came on:

. dist to empt: 85 k's (2.72 L/H) - car was idling

. avg fuel: 12.5 L/100KM

. trip b: 424.20km 53.05L used

if my car has a 70L tank, and the fuel light is comig on when apparently ive only used 53.05L, then this means that i should have 16.95L left in the tank

so therefore, 16.95L x 12.5L/100KM = 211.87Kilometeres left to go before empty !!!

i also just filled her up, and she only took in 54.78L

so all up, i should be getting around 636.07KM's out of a full tank - not bad :)

this is mainly made up of 90% suburban driving and 9% highway, and 1% full throttle spirited driving :)

robricho

Rob Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Not sure if my vz has a problem also, as i get down to the last quarter of a tank, most times the fuel warning light comes on and the needle drops down to empty. If i turn the car off it will come back to the proper level.

robricho

Rob Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Fuel gauge problems

My mate works in spare parts at a holden dealer and he told me they have replaced quite a few sender units.