Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

Bevan08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY COMMODORE
My sender unit has now comletely packed up on my VY (fuel guage error contact retailer) anybody know what i should be paying to get this fixed.
from what i have read Holden should be giving these away.

robricho

Rob Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
I should be able to find out how much tomorrow. I`ll get back to you.

goose2

40. the new 20
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT BerlinaWagon/VZ exec wagon
:flame:[ As for profit margin in the car, that is dependant on how well you did or didn't haggle and or shop around before purchasing.

Just because you paid $100,000 for a new "ABC123" vehicle and I bargained down to $90,000 for the same car, doesn't make your car more valuable than mine. You just paid more for yours.[/QUOTE]

Not only do dealerships have a profit margin in a car [that they do not like parting with ]they get a sizable commission per car that they sell. the target set by Holden aust is based on population in the dealerships PMA [primary marketing are] if a dealership sells their target they get bonus money[ in $ooo's] in a pop of 98000 target is about 45 cars per month unspent margin and commission would still be about 8-11000 per car[this is based on passenger cars not utes,4x4's so don't let the dealerships cry poor they can afford it

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
Fuel Gauge

Hey good news. Let my VZ run to near empty and everything works A1. Just wanted to share this to let you's know that some do work. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now....ha ha ha. Never had a problem with it. Here are a few pics I took the other day. Catch ya's.

Attachments

• VZ 01.jpg
    VZ 01.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 700
  • VZ 02.jpg
    VZ 02.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 758
  • VZ 03.jpg
    VZ 03.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
We have two VY's and a VZ. "The Vy's are an exec and a Berlina, so we have the basic computer and the luxury level, plus the "troublesome" VZ one.

My Berlina fuel gauge and trip computer work well together and I have not experienced any problems. The VY exec seems to be ok as well. However, I have been driving the VZ a fair bit lately and the fuel gauge and computer seem weird. Get in the car and the computer says 400 km to empty, because the car is parked slightly nose down overnight. Reverse onto the street and start driving and within 1 km, the gauge has dropped into the red and the computer is down to 120 to empty. Bloody needle seems to have a booster rocket on it, the speed it drops.

What I want to know is, what did GM change between the VY and VZ fuel gauges and computers for the VZ to be so inaccurate and inconsistent, or were these problems present in the VY as well? And are the gauges and computers more accurate in the luxury models than the basic ones?

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Just got my car back from Barloworld Holden Glen Waverley and they replaced the sender unit in the tank..... Fuel gauge is still f****d!!!!!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Just got my car back from Barloworld Holden Glen Waverley and they replaced the sender unit in the tank..... Fuel gauge is still f****d!!!!!

Of course it is. This problem can't be fixed.

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute

At least they told you they did.:bang:

SVZWagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ Commodore Wagon
I have a different problem with mine... I recently put my car on gas and I now get an error every so often stating that I have a "fuel gauge error" and the needle goes to empty... stays like this for several restarts then seems to fix itself (even though the tank is full)

took it to holden and of course it fixed itself when I parked outside (freaky) they claimed it did log an error but nothing wrong with it .... will keep taking it back :(

SilverSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi guys, I just got my SV6 a few weeks ago and I'm really loving it except for this problem.

I let my gauge almost reach empty (needle was on the middle red line).
I had travelled 412km's and when I refilled the tank took 50 ltrs exactly.

It really sucks if there is no solution to this problem? Can't anyone else fix it?