Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz fuel guage error

Dan Mcdonald

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
well the utes been sitting there for about 5 months and i started it once every month, this month it didnt start and said low fuel, so i stuck 20l in same error. when i first started to kick it over there was a clicking sound coming from the engine bay but the starter wasnt turning. now iys not clicking and it says fuel guage error.
I cant here the fuel pump but then i have only had 8's before this and they had a distinct sound.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
sounds odd but how come it isnt being used?

anyway try disconnecting the battery and charging it with a charger

Dan Mcdonald

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
lost my licence on the bike,

i was getting 12.2 volts at the battery which is a bit low but that wouldn't be messing with the computer???

i tryed the new boat battery and nothing wouldnt even click in the engine bay. could it be restricting the fuel because it thinks its got none to pump ?

anyone else experienced anthing like this ?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Yep i have seen this in a few car reviews of the VZ's where the faulty fuel gauge thinks there is no fuel in the car so it wont start even though there is 25L in the tank. Even with my car i run it till it says in the advanced menu that there is only 3L left, i then fill the car up but it only takes 50L's when its a 75L tank.

Dan Mcdonald

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
so do you think i just have to fill it all the way up to trick it into thinking theres some in there, it had a service only 5k ago so i want to hold out till next service if possible, any ideas ?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hmm can try more fuel, how long did you disconnect the battery for? might pay to leave it off overnight, put some fuel in reconnect and see if it goes,

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
got this same problem, anyone find a solution for it? .......... ours reports 0 fuel remaining when the tank is 100% full........... wont even try and start the car it just immobilises