Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz fuel issues

Macca852

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
So my car was missing when at idle so I changed the fuel filter. Fixed it for a day then it came back so changed the plugs and that fixed it for a couple days then it came back. I had the car running in park when it shut down completely and wouldn't start again. So I assumed it must of been the pump the whole time and it has finally gone. Changed the fuel pump yesterday, kicked it over a few time but wouldn't start. Switched the relays around to see if that was it, now it won't even kick over and I'm getting "very low fuel" " fuel Gauge error" "contact dealer" messages and a trouble code

I'm lost at what to try now, can anyone help plz?

Cheers

Waughy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Mini Clubman
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/dash-dtcs-vz-2-pdf.177643/

According to this that code is for the tyre pressure monitor system.

My car had an issue last year where it would be hesitant occasionally, felt like it was starving for fuel under load. Never had any starting issues though, and at idle it was fine from memory. Problem ended up being one of the coil packs. The effort to change one made it worth while doing the lot (if one was bad there was bound to be one right behind it if they weren't all done). The car has been running great ever since.
Maybe or more of yours have packed it in. Not sure if that will prevent the car from starting if one has completely failed. Sounds like you might need someone with a Tech2 to read the codes from the ECU.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
What VZ Commodore has a "tyre pressure monitoring system"???
I have seen many/driven a few, and none have such a fancy feature (though VWs do).

Waughy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Mini Clubman
What VZ Commodore has a "tyre pressure monitoring system"???
I have seen many/driven a few, and none have such a fancy feature (though VWs do).

Pretty sure it's only a HSV thing. No idea how it actually works, but after using the Envyous Customs VT-VZ body diagnostics program to set up my Calais dash that's in my Exec wagon, I do know there is an option to turn it on/off.

Sounds like the Op may have fitted a HSV dash. If so it probably has the tyre pressure monitor option turned on. The fuel gauge things could be something as simple as the fuel table being incorrect. After playing around with mine I know there are about 8 or so options, including 2 for a wagon (old and new, which are very different), sedan, ute, AWD, HSV. They all have quite different resistances and fuel levels they equate to, so if the cluster is set for a ute, and is fitted to a sedan, then it could cause a few problems.