Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ GDI, PFI MPFI, SIDI?

OCO0012

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Berlina 2006
Any one know what type of fuel injection a 2006 Commodore vz Berliner with the LE0 has? GDI? PFI? MPFI? SIDI? something else?

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Port Fuel Injection.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Port Fuel Injection.
According to the Unofficial Holden Commodore Archive for VZ, all engine variants have electronic sequential fuel injection.

The above archive doesn't mention engine RPO codes, nor does it specify that fuel is injected into each intake port.
But port injection and sequential fuel injection are not the same thing according to this article.
So, it may be that calling it port injection is wrong ;)

OCO0012

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Berlina 2006
According to the Unofficial Holden Commodore Archive for VZ, all engine variants have electronic sequential fuel injection.

The above archive doesn't mention engine RPO codes, nor does it specify that fuel is injected into each intake port.
But port injection and sequential fuel injection are not the same thing according to this article.
So, it may be that calling it port injection is wrong ;)

I like this article. I know from working on them that the alloytec has 6 injectors. If the article is indeed correct then the engine is a MPFI with SIDI. How did you find it?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I like this article. I know from working on them that the alloytec has 6 injectors. If the article is indeed correct then the engine is a MPFI with SIDI. How did you find it?
VZ does not have direct injection.
VS series 3 onwards is sequential injection from memory it may be all VS models? VE series 2 was when the first sequentially fired direct injection engines came out.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
All sequential injection means is that the injector fires on the intake stroke of the cylinder. Before this it was batch fire wherw the injectors would fire mutiple times accross all 4 strokes.