Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ glovebox 2006

Hank1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
May be a silly question but does anybody have an idea of how to remove the glove box in a VZ 06?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
It is held my 2 clips, once you unlatch the rubber mounts just pull it forward,

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
open the box, hold it up just a little so the rubber stoppers on the sides aren't resting on the sides.. then pull them up and in.. then you can just pull the box forwards to get it out.

Hank1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hey thanks so much for your help. I managed to do exactly what you said and all I could manage to do was lower the glovebox a little more... its doesnt seem to just pull out. It feels as though its still connected to something?? Anyy help would be muchly appreciated!!!!

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Once those rubber stoppers are completely out, the glovebox will hang considerable low, you just pull towards yourself and the glovebox will pop out.

You may need to use a little force when pulling, but make sure to not push down on it, but pull towards yourself.

If you are really struggling, i can take some pics tonight after work and show you.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
another way if your struggling is to get a screwdriver and lever the clips, i did this because at first i feared breaking the clips like you, just put the screwdriver between the clips and the glovebox and lever them away from each other, much less chance of breaking those clips :)

Hank1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Thanks morphix and rory you guys were correct!! So true though about the clips was affraid of breaking them. Once it pulled out though it was pretty straight forward putting the new one in. Cheers guys. Just saved me a bunch!