Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ hazard relay type

Sikkinixx

Ford Traitor :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Wagon
Hi all,
Just repaired some damage on a VZ wagon I bought ridiculously cheap, ready for roady. Was checking everything and realized I had indicators, but no hazard or remote lock lights. Swapped fuse with brake light one (which were working), still nothing.
When I turn hazards on, can hear the tick tick tick LIKE they're working but no blink blink blink. Lol
Where the hazard relay is meant to be, there's an empty slot (map says Hazard Illum warning (GMB) is GMB significant?). I tried to use other relays, even out of my VT, but they either didn't fit, or just flopped around if they did. And theres nothing in the spare slot below it, so nothing to compare to (ones with white stripe to the right didn't fit).
Any ideas? Please.
IMG_20181029_201153.JPG
IMG_20181029_201327.JPG
IMG_20181029_201153.JPG IMG_20181029_201327.JPG

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Been having a bit of a search on this problem and it seems quite common with the VZ models.
You'll probably find that the relay hasn't got any contacts and is not wired.
From what I have researched on this topic, is that the hazard relay is in the BCM and is probably faulty
and will either be in need of repair or the BCM replaced.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Press the hazard switch in and out like crazy about twenty times, on/off/on/off/on/off, the contacts are known to tarnish from lack of use.

See how that goes. If no joy, what Nut Kracker has said. BCM internal relay fooked. New BCM.

Last edited: