Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz head lining sagging

Dandy2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Hello I've noticed the headlining above the drivers seat is sagging more and more and I'm keen to fix it. Im after instuctions or a how to guide to remove it from the car. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

CQGems

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX 6
Have just had mine replaced in Emerald, Qld for $350. Figured for that price, let a motor trimmer do a professional job.

Reckon you should be able to find a decent tradesman in Melbourne to replace it for you.

As it is the separation of the material from the sponge backing, a temporary repair will not suffice.

Dandy2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Thanks for the reply. I would love to have it professionally done but for a temporary solution i wouldn't mind saving over $300 and giving my brothers and I a relatively simple project. Unfortunately im not sure how to remove it. Mostly the pillar covers, i know how to remove the visors and interior light and handles ect.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
REPAIR BULL did my VE last year at home, at NOWHERE near $350.00.
I messed with it for a couple of months and it's just NOT worth the effort.....Other parts were constantly letting go.
Suggest have it done properly and don't mess with it.
I do highly recommend REPAIR BULL if they are able to do it in your area. It's a top job well done and much better than from the factory.

Dandy2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Appreciate the replys guys unfortunately repair bull are not in melbourne. Ill look around for prices. I think it would be fun to attempt myself though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I did mine in the ute. Ended up costing near as much as a motor trimmer. Material is expensive as is the glue. I bought four or five cans of spray glue. It took me three different brands before I found one that would hold. The only place that had the right glue was Autobarn, orange can gear. I bought the foam and material separately and later found out if you go to the right trimmer supplies you can buy foam backed material. If you have a go yourself you will need two people. You need the right glue (2 cans). If you use separate foam and material make sure you glue the material to the foam before hand, otherwise you will get a few wrinkles.

Dandy2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Can anyone give advice on getting the head liner out of the car?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
If you do it yourself I saw REPAIR BULL do it as follows. I think I have this right?

Take all the bits off inside and remove the the whole thing above your head. Will need to be bent and twisted...Don't break it.
Peel cloth off the board, and clean the foam/ sponge rubber off the board. Toss old headlining out as it's all wrinkled.
Spray contact onto head board, and new foam onto board.
Spray foam with contact and NEW cloth as original onto foam.
Edges tucked under and glued.
Headboard back in with a lot of bending and twisting.
All the bits and pieces screwed back in place, and all done in less than an hour.

Good luck with that, and even though I'm fairly handy, I would not bother doing it myself.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If i have to repair another i would get a motor trimmer.