Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ headlight plug

Wat Hertz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
I just removed a set of SS headlights from my car and found that one of the spade terminals had broken off in the plug housing on the lights. I managed to remove the broken terminal from the plug on the car ok. Does anyone know or has replaced the housing plug terminal on the headlight before? It is showing signs of corrosion, the headlights are I great condition otherwise and will be expensive to replace if I can't repair it, hoping for good news comments, cheers John. image.jpg

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Sure you can...just get white plug out of headlight assembly and push lock tang down keeping lug in plug and push wire and lug out... cut off offending lug/s and relug with new lug/s

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
As above, you should be able to remove the white plug from the headlight assembly and replace all the pins (as they are all corroded, it would be advisable to do so now) with new ones, such as from jaycar, etc the pop out and new pop in, just need to crimp onto the existing wires.

Wat Hertz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
The removal of the white plug withou damaging it was my issue, thanks for the comments:thumbsup::