Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Headlights

R

Ratty

Yeah Not saying you have not quoted the legislation... Just saying I have asked the local boys and they seem to know you cant run the main lights and fogs at same time ... one cop told me it only was for the rear red ones or yellow front ones... eventally agreed it would include clear front ones as well... but none could tell me what they would book you under... I know you know it RKZ but just saying the police here in the CBD dont all know it hence why a lot of ppl SEEM to get away with it... I think there needs to be more education with car owners and new recruits as well...

X

xcapee

heh i've seen 2 cop cars driving around with the fog lamps on, a xr8 and a ss... so i guess the education needs to start with the would be enforcers firstly !

R

RKZ234

xcapee said:
heh i've seen 2 cop cars driving around with the fog lamps on, a xr8 and a ss... so i guess the education needs to start with the would be enforcers firstly !

I totally agree with your point too. I had that precise conversation with a HWP Sgt. quite recently in NSW whilst on holidays. (No I wasn't intercepted for a traffic offence at the time) It's hardly fair to see HWP cars in any state committing the exact technical type offences motorists are pinged for.

It's been a bone of contention with me for years.

If motorists see a Polce car cruising along the road with Foglights on when there is clearly no fog, it is understandable that the public perception is contrary to the law.

All I can say is, keep a very low profile with the use of fog lights in all NSW towns in the vicinity of, Henty, Urana, The Rock, Tarcutta, Junee, Coolamon, Gundagai, Holbrook & Kyeamba as HWP have received instructions re their conduct and aparrently this issue is an area of current focus.