Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz heater fan switch

Clicka1961

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
fan is not working on 1 2 3 speeds ,I changed resistor but didn't make any difference ,any ideas?

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If the resistor was burnt out you would only have the fastest speed because the resistor reduces voltage which gives you the slower speeds.

Clicka1961

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
fan is not working on 1 2 3 speeds ,I changed resistor but didn't make any difference ,any ideas?
Thanks for the reply it is meant to say the fan is not working on 1 2 3 but is on high,think it may be the switch

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Did you replace the resistor with a brand new one or wreckers, because just looking at them you can't really tell if they are no good or not.

Clicka1961

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Did you replace the resistor with a brand new one or wreckers, because just looking at them you can't really tell if they are no good or not.
I replaced it with a new resistor and didn't make a difference,I think it may be the actual switch because it doesn't always work on high as well and if you fidle with the switch it will start and stop

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
For people who've encountered this problem:
You can tell the resistor block is stuffed if one side of the metal plate on the resistor has lifted up.

I had the same problem and replacing the centre dial switches fixed the problem.