Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Holden Ute

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My VZ Crewman came with 16” steelies.
The VZ Thunders had 18’s. The Crewmans (rated to one tonne and more than a ute) had alloy load rated 17’s as well from factory.
VY’s also had similar wheel options on ‘commercial’ vehicles.

Fee66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Ute
Didn't think about load rating. Will do some research. Thanks for the info.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
You just removed 90% of the utes on the road.
Yep aware of that, but it appears it is law in Qld and I was referring to the bog stock utes only, as the OP does not say what he has.
Of course if other utes came with different wheels then that is manufacturers specs so all good.

The designation plate on the door should tell what wheels the vehicle came with and here in Qld I have been knocked back on safety certificates because rating is less than the plate shows.

Bullkrap I know, but that is what some mechanics demand.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
My VZ Crewman came with 16” steelies.
The VZ Thunders had 18’s. The Crewmans (rated to one tonne and more than a ute) had alloy load rated 17’s as well from factory.

These are the load rated 17s AWD Cross6, Cross8 and Adventra rims.

• Genuine Holden Commodore VY VZ CX6 CX8 Adventra Ute / Wagon 17 X 7.5 Alloy Mag

H

harrop.senator

Currently have 17 " on so that could work well. Any chance I could have a look? What ru asking for them?

I'll take some pictures when I get home. I think I have 6. If it's four with the buggered tyres $250.

I have 2 with almost new pirellis ones the spare in my caprice.

$350 if it was 4 including the 2 with 90% Pirelli tread. Or $400 with a matching 5th spare.

I can get Chinese tyres cheap ($60-70 EA) for you through the wholesaler but you may want more quality.

I'll take some photos of all of them when I get home and if you like then you can come over.