Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dylan4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V8
Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me out, I own a 2005 VZ Calais V8 gen, which hasn't been started up and driven for about 4 years, I've already replaced the oil and oil filter and new battery, all that's left is to drain the fuel out of car and put new fuel in. I was just wondering if there's any easy ways of draining the fuel out of the tank and also how to remove the fuel filter?

Thanks

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Fuel filter clips on and off, it's up behind the driver side rear wheel area.

As for draining the tank, youve got a few options. You can put a hose in to syphon it out from the tank, or remove the fuel inlet hose at the engine bay and run the pump or another pump to draw the fuel out.

Dylan4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V8
I don't have a siphoning pump is there a way or any others to do it without one?

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Fuel filter clips on and off, it's up behind the driver side rear wheel area.

As for draining the tank, youve got a few options. You can put a hose in to syphon it out from the tank, or remove the fuel inlet hose at the engine bay and run the pump or another pump to draw the fuel out.

I don't have a siphoning pump is there a way or any others to do it without one?

Unless you want to remove the tank and tip it out, do what Sabbath suggested, and just run the pump with the inlet hose removed and pump it out.

Dylan4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V8
Unless you want to remove the tank and tip it out, do what Sabbath suggested, and just run the pump with the inlet hose removed and pump it out.

I'll give that a shot then, would you by any chance know where the fuel inlet hose would be located in the engine a picture might help not too sure where everything is in this car I drive an old Rodeo TF

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
There are a few videos on Youtube on the removal of fuel filters on the VZ Commodore.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me out, I own a 2005 VZ Calais V8 gen, which hasn't been started up and driven for about 4 years, I've already replaced the oil and oil filter and new battery, all that's left is to drain the fuel out of car and put new fuel in. I was just wondering if there's any easy ways of draining the fuel out of the tank and also how to remove the fuel filter?

Thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A 3 year thread dig for that reply?

Micky4444

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Pull the fuel line of your engine. Put into a container. Next open fuse box . Find relay. Pull out. Then cut a wire . Put wire on the top tow connection you will hear pump run. When no more fuel .turn of fast. You will burn out pump. Fuel covers the pump keeps it cool. Best of luck