Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Indicator ISSUES - Left side staying on permanently

wadevzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Hi all, went to go for a drive before and when i unlocked the VZ SS, the left indicator on the taillights stayed on. Also the indicator on the side of the car stayed on and the front indicator also. I disconnected the battery, for a bit, and the indicator lights stayed on continuously. When i tried to use the left indicator it was permanently showing on on the dash. I disconnected the battery again and went away for about an hour. Reconnected it, and they stayed on permanently.

Then i locked the doors it stayed on. Unlocked it and they went off. But when I relocked it they stayed on again. But then they seemed to stayed off. Has anyone had this problem before, it is the first time it has done this. Any thoughts?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
you need to replace your bcm, its a common fault with the vz's.
an internal relay stays on and keeps the globes illuminated

wadevzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Thanks guys, just found that out doing a search. I do have a car warranty that covers some of the computers etc in the car. Not sure if it covers that, I am going to email them. Found on ebay, you can buy the relay , and do it yourself. Basically all you do is unsolder the relay and solder in a new one. Instructions are included. Should only cost about $25.

wagonman666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exe Wagon
Having a similar issue with my VZ wagon. Indicators sometimes stay on solidly as if a bulb is blown, sometimes they work as intended. Problem appears mainly when turning right but occasionally when turning left. I'm not having Wade's locking/unlocking issues though. All bulbs are ok. I might start by changing flasher relay and checking indicator switch, then checking wiring for any shorts. An auto electrician will be a very expensive last resort. This makes for very frustrating driving.

wadevzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Appears its the same issue wagonman666, need to change that relay on the bcm.

dolsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega SII
I wonder how similar the pdf guide they send you is to the one I wrote and put up on this site here

The price is a lot cheaper than a new bcm, so, that's good.