Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Instrument Cluster Troubles

NFUS

Just my project...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 3.6L V6
Hey guys, first time posting here.

I have a VZ Acclaim sedan and am wondering if I can put an instrument cluster (Gauges) from a VZ Calais into it?

The calais cluster was from a V8, don't know the K's, I have the 3.6L V6 175 Alloytec.
I am willing to get it programmed, but even Holden doesn't know if it will work 100% and if it doesn't fit, I can't get my money back!?!

Thanks in advance :)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
the kays can be changed but only Phreddy from ASR can do it (well Holden can but they have to be 99 or less), or at least I havent heard of anyone else who can change them once theyve hit 100 or more.

Holden can in fact program it to change the V8 to V6 and diff ratio etc through Tech 2, but most have no idea and only use Tech 2 to dignose faults and to program keys for them.

And yeh it can be done, I have a VZ SS cluster in my Acclaim. Ive seen a Stato cluster in an SV6. As long as the plug colours match then your right (as VY and VZ clusters look similar but are different)

NFUS

Just my project...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 3.6L V6
The cluster is 2nd hand and I don't know the K's, over 100 I would say being used.

Holden said that if a cluster hasn't done 100km in the car it will be fitted into, it SHOULD program alright, but this was only for a 2nd hand cluster similar to what the car already had.

And does ASR have a shop near Adelaide that I could have the cluster programmed at?

Thanks for the input :)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Lol yeh Holden dont know, they cant change the odometer on it for you but they can change the diff settings (speedo adjustment) and V6/V8 (fuel gauge)

Greg is a one man show so no shop setup unfortunately, but you can send him the cluster so he can do it (and have the colours changed ;) ...

Hes a forum sponsor, see his area - first from the top on the main forum list

NFUS

Just my project...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 3.6L V6
Any rough quote for a VZ Calais cluster to be programmed, and have the screens changed from green to blue backlighting?