Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz intake insulator...

NAVZCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6, 1980 WB Tonner
Hey guys just on the topic on mainfold insulators. As far a i'm aware you can't run the insulator with the CPR6 mainfold? When i got both of mine i had already modified my bonnet a bit so it would fit. I'm just wondering is it possible to fit both in withour alterations to the bonnet?
Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hey mace well I ordered and within 2 days I received the insulators put them strait in was a very easy install thanks too your instructions. The car loves them lol I've noticed it reves out alot smother and the take off feels more responsive after driving for a solid half hour the manifold is still cold to touch, so I say a top product and I highly recommend to anyone interested.
Ah excellent frank6969 :D

Glad to hear you're happy with the product.

Hey guys just on the topic on mainfold insulators. As far a i'm aware you can't run the insulator with the CPR6 mainfold? When i got both of mine i had already modified my bonnet a bit so it would fit. I'm just wondering is it possible to fit both in withour alterations to the bonnet?
Cheers
On the VEs it is from my understanding, if anything it helps a little with the installation process. Though it can rub up against the plastic cowl on the back of the firewall, but apparently it's not a problem.

VZs on the other hand can struggle with the CPR6 by themselves, so I dare to run both, the bonnet will need to be modified

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Skidskidbangbang93,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"I've gotta do my filler neck. So thought I may aswell do the insulator at the same time. Is it possible to go straight to the 12mm on a dead stock vz?"
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We always recommend taking some measurements to be 100% sure. however, from experience, the 12mm manifold insulator would fit your vehicle. MI603 is the part number for the 12mm insulator from the following.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectID=1469404

This kit comes with everything required for installation. Fitting instructions can be shown below.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/.../C0A8/D240/2EA6/ALLOYTEC_MI_INSTALLATION_.pdf

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael

Skidskidbangbang93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz vl
Hi Skidskidbangbang93,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"I've gotta do my filler neck. So thought I may aswell do the insulator at the same time. Is it possible to go straight to the 12mm on a dead stock vz?"
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We always recommend taking some measurements to be 100% sure. however, from experience, the 12mm manifold insulator would fit your vehicle. MI603 is the part number for the 12mm insulator from the following.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectID=1469404

This kit comes with everything required for installation. Fitting instructions can be shown below.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/.../C0A8/D240/2EA6/ALLOYTEC_MI_INSTALLATION_.pdf

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael
Cheers for that I ordered one when I wrote the comment, I'll make it fit. Cheers for the reply.

Skidskidbangbang93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz vl
Got into a bit of a chase and the car was pushed off the road. The parts arrived today haha spewin! Cheers anyway

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Got into a bit of a chase and the car was pushed off the road. The parts arrived today haha spewin! Cheers anyway

you were pushed off the road , I see ......................................................

Attachments

• blow on the pie.jpg
    blow on the pie.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 316