Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Interior Lighting Fuse

Ranga_Mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ Executive Wagon
G'day everyone,

Bought my first Commodore last week, and am very pleased. One of the few things that didn't work on it was the entire interior lighting circuit. After checking a few bulbs, I opened the fuse box in the driver's footwell and found the interior illumination fuse to not be plugged in. Rather ominously, it was hanging by a few wires wrapped in electrical tape that disappear up into the dash.

It looks like a previous owner may have tried to leach some power for something else, but I just thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows anything about this. Whatever it is, it doesn't look standard. Is this a common mod for something?

In case it helps, it's a 2006 VZ Wagon, and according to the label in the front of the service book, it's a "Police Executive" model.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 20200717_204037~2.jpg
    20200717_204037~2.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 299

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Cop cars had loads of electrical mods.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 LS1 6 speed
G'day everyone,

Bought my first Commodore last week, and am very pleased. One of the few things that didn't work on it was the entire interior lighting circuit. After checking a few bulbs, I opened the fuse box in the driver's footwell and found the interior illumination fuse to not be plugged in. Rather ominously, it was hanging by a few wires wrapped in electrical tape that disappear up into the dash.

It looks like a previous owner may have tried to leach some power for something else, but I just thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows anything about this. Whatever it is, it doesn't look standard. Is this a common mod for something?

In case it helps, it's a 2006 VZ Wagon, and according to the label in the front of the service book, it's a "Police Executive" model.

Thanks in advance...

You can pull that fuse tap out and just place the regular lighting fuse back in and see what happens. Going from memory, I think that fuse is 10 amps. From what I have gathered on the US version Pontiac GTO cars, going with a fuse larger than the required 10 amp fuse can be bad for the BCM. And like Fu Manchu stated, police cars get tons of lighting and electrical modifications. When the cars get taken out of service and sold to the public, the mechanics that remove the police equipment are less than professional with removal, to be somewhat polite about it. At least that is how it tends to be here in the US.