Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Interior

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi everyone, My airfreshner leaked the other day and took the colour out of the panel around my shifter, luckly everything else is ok, How much do you think it will cost to replace.

Last edited:

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh the console parts are cheap from holden, i was suprised thought it would be more, for the silver trims and boot came to about $120-$160 all up and thats all the center console trims in silver and gear shift boot.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
yeh the console parts are cheap from holden, i was suprised thought it would be more, for the silver trims and boot came to about $120-$160 all up and thats all the center console trims in silver and gear shift boot.

Yeah i was surprised too - it costed me about $200 all up to do the entire dash in SS colours (all of centre console, power window switch, speedo surround, TC button etc.) I also found that GM spark plugs are $2 a pop through them too!

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for the help, had it replaced at Holden for $55

Last edited:

Dave Q

Lumina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
I had the same problem with my other car.

The maunfacturers of these air fresheners should try to develop one that doesnt attack the plastic consoles. Its an ugly and expensive mess.

You have my sympathy.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The parts for the console top might be cheap but recently, I obtained the trade price for the VY Series 2 Calais dash centre piece to put in my Berlina. The Series 2 had a unique carbon fibre type finish to the outside edge which hasn't been used on any other model.

$315 trade, and that's without the cup holders (which I don't need to purchase.) Just a bit steep, I think.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Wow that's Exy, I have to get that piece replaced yet as it's scratched from my missus leaning over with her hand bag. Luckily that part did'nt get stained.

Last edited: