Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz issue plz help

Hellz03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
HI RECENTLY IVE BEEN HAVING A CPL ISSUES WITH MY VZ
AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BATTERY CUZ THE CAR WOILDNT START SO I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY ALL SEEMED OK UNTILL ONE DAY I TURNED THE KEY AND IT JUST KEPT MAKING A clicking sound I eventually had to get a jump start to start the car
I disconnected the battery car still ran I disconnected my sub and amp and so far no issue but as of recently my car lost all control in the steering wheel and car stopped this has happened twice
I'm thinking it's the starter motor but I'm no expert
Can someone plz help me sort out what the problem is plz!!!
!

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
When the new battery was installed, were the inside of these cleaned with emery cloth or a cleaning tool ?
projecta-brass-battery-terminals-bt14-2-bt14-2-56a.png

If not, then it needs to be done, however, saying the jump start started the car , and, the engine stopped, could point back to battery or faulty alternator.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Sounds like it’s the alternator but u really need to get it tested to see if the alternator is charging or not otherwise it’s just a guessing game as to what’s going on

Hellz03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
No it wasn't cleaned I just chucked it in and that was it. Is it worth cleaning them now?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
No it wasn't cleaned I just chucked it in and that was it. Is it worth cleaning them now?
Battery terminals must be clean or the lack of contact can mean the battery may not receive the necessary charge from the alternator, or, may not put the correct amount of power to the starter.
Yes, clean them now, but as above, best to ask a battery place, preferably where you purchased the battery, to test the alternator.
I say a battery place as opposed to an auto electrician because battery places sell batteries and have nothing to lose by giving you info as to whether the battery is charging or not, where as auto lecs ??, well, they seem to be able to find things which cost you money.