Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ issues.. need help!

RhiannonR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6L V6
the check powertrain light came on in my 04 VZ, engine shakes while driving and idling. I've changed the coils, spark plugs and injectors. Nothing has fixed it. What could it be?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
U need to get the codes scanned so u know why the engine light came on otherwise your just guessing

RhiannonR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6L V6
Already have. No codes came up and the mechanic said it was the injectors. Cleaned and changed them. Didnt fix anything.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Take it somewhere, or get someone with a decent scan tool (Tech2, snap on etc) to rescan it, it must have codes if a cylinder is misfiring etc.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not all scanners will collect the hidden data generated by the Holden computers.

It is quite odd that a code has been indicated and no code is shown on particular brand of scanner.

Fuel delivery, faulty coils, old spark plugs, vacuum leaks, faulty sensors. It’s quite a list of possible things.

I’d suggest finding a better mechanic.
If you are concerned about work being done, give ACCC a call or visit their website about consumer rights around mechanical repairs that fail to resolve problems.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
have you washed the motor

Russell Ward

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ute v6
The Check Powertrain display appeared on my 2005 VZ ute 2 weeks ago. It also went into Emergency Limp mode. It was a week after I replaced coils and plugs but that had nothing to do with it . I got the ute to my Auto Electrician and checked faults. It came up with Low voltage battery as well as automatic transmission solenoid faults. Replaced the battery and all the faults cleared.