Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Isulators

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Hey all

just thought I'd say I have a set going into the Acclaim tomorrow.

Basically we have the JCCCNSW skidpan day happening next Monday, so I'm having some work done to the 175 Alloytec for betteer ooooomph

One of these workings was to replace spark plugs (I think their 150 000 kays old :whistling) so I buckled and decided why not install one of these insulation kits while I have the manifold off.

Steve was more then helpful with my enquiry and order, nice good bloke to deal with actually. The insulators were sent extremely well packed and in an express post bag, excellent service, I wish our warehouse guys could pack fragile parts the same way as MACE!

I'll post up some photos as we do the work, esentially the install guide shoes everything anyway but I'll chuck some up as we always photograph our work when we play with our cars!

I wont really be able to comment whether they "work or not" as we're modifying the air intake and also running a custom tune on the engine and transmission in one hit, so esentially everything will work together to make the car perform better, but I wouldnt have paid for something I wasnt convinced would work, especially when the money could have gone to something else for the day.

So thanks Steve and MACE for getting me this far, looking forward to reporting about our install. It might only be little but its one of the "major" mechanical changes I'll be making on this car so to me its a big deal!!!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hey all

just thought I'd say I have a set going into the Acclaim tomorrow.

Basically we have the JCCCNSW skidpan day happening next Monday, so I'm having some work done to the 175 Alloytec for betteer ooooomph

One of these workings was to replace spark plugs (I think their 150 000 kays old :whistling) so I buckled and decided why not install one of these insulation kits while I have the manifold off.

Steve was more then helpful with my enquiry and order, nice good bloke to deal with actually. The insulators were sent extremely well packed and in an express post bag, excellent service, I wish our warehouse guys could pack fragile parts the same way as MACE!

I'll post up some photos as we do the work, esentially the install guide shoes everything anyway but I'll chuck some up as we always photograph our work when we play with our cars!

I wont really be able to comment whether they "work or not" as we're modifying the air intake and also running a custom tune on the engine and transmission in one hit, so esentially everything will work together to make the car perform better, but I wouldnt have paid for something I wasnt convinced would work, especially when the money could have gone to something else for the day.

So thanks Steve and MACE for getting me this far, looking forward to reporting about our install. It might only be little but its one of the "major" mechanical changes I'll be making on this car so to me its a big deal!!!

yep i too an waiting to see the results of this after i fit it up, i mean we fit it up haha:thumbsup:

cya tomorrow matt

oh you also had a woopsy with the tittle spelling hehe

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
at no point did I say I was sober when posting the title, although you spelt the word title wrong too!!!!!!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
LOL it's all good :D

How did you guys go with the install?

Cheers
Steve

yeah, did notice a lil differance with it today, although with the tune, its going to make my work a lil harder, as the runner length differance has seemed to create differances in my tune,

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yes, yes it has made your job a heck of a lot harder but Im sure you'll find a solution !!

We took it for a fang after the install but before the tune. I noticed the difference with a fully loaded car, and even more so with just a driver and one passenger. The exhaust note was slightly more deeper and I found initial launch was also far better, although we had also just whacked in new spark plugs after confirming mine have been in for 160 000 kays so I would be hesitant to say it was purely the insulators working, although Im sure they helped :whistling

At the end of the day they made a difference, so it was money well spent, and I think a few of the VZ boys want one now :whistling

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Great work boys... Yeh they do make a diff hey? I reckon its like someone is giving the car a little extra push.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
down low its got nothing still, but once it winds up to about 2000RPM it takes off.

Next will be a diff to try and give it some more push down low, but yeh if the cars moving and I stick the boot into it it now responds extremely well.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Just some advice boys... I have had my insulators on for over 6 months now and noticed the car was getting a little louder and sluggish. I checked the bolts holding the plenum down and they were all pretty loose. So check them in a few months just to be sure they are all still tight. What a difference it made!

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Just some advice boys... I have had my insulators on for over 6 months now and noticed the car was getting a little louder and sluggish. I checked the bolts holding the plenum down and they were all pretty loose. So check them in a few months just to be sure they are all still tight. What a difference it made!

good to know, i'll be sure to check mine soonish