Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Isulators

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
down low its got nothing still, but once it winds up to about 2000RPM it takes off.

Next will be a diff to try and give it some more push down low, but yeh if the cars moving and I stick the boot into it it now responds extremely well.

i should take you for a drive in mine matt, there is no lack of down low torque in mine, the rear end squats and lurches forward,

ive got an update to get on your car on the weekend, its mainly refinement and should be better economy too

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
might have to compare the 2 then

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
thought u boys weren't fans of the insulator? ...... then i come across this thread. :D They do make tuning a lil harder indeed.... mostly having to allow for intake temps to be slightly wrong. Cause even tho the manifolt may be say 29'c ..... just under the spacer at the injector head it's still gunna be pretty hot........ so the air/fuel mixtures will be slightly out running an insulator with a stock tune without adjusting ur intake manifold temp (for cut spark say) from like 35 to say 33 for the axies.

If you dont, u just wind up with knock vs a stock car that wouldn't have it.

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
hey guys will the insulators affect the engine cover? will the covers still clip in with the extra distance?