Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz legal rims

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yes because they are so expensive at $10-$20, and the placard is the first thing they look at so it's hardly pointless. But keep ranting on I'm sure someone will be interested.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes because they are so expensive at $10-$20, and the placard is the first thing they look at so it's hardly pointless. But keep ranting on I'm sure someone will be interested.

And has been pointed out that it is not necessary to change....

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah totally unnecessary, when I fitted 19s my placard only said 17s. Got pulled over one day and the cop went straight to the placard and checked the diameter on the tyres and said all good. Such a waste of money and so pointless changing the placard, it only saved me from getting a yellow and having to put everything back to stock at a huge expense. Taking your advice would have cost me, fancy that.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah totally unnecessary, when I fitted 19s my placard only said 17s. Got pulled over one day and the cop went straight to the placard and checked the diameter on the tyres and said all good. Such a waste of money and so pointless changing the placard, it only saved me from getting a yellow and having to put everything back to stock at a huge expense. Taking your advice would have cost me, fancy that.

You're obviously not reading my posts correctly....ie the 18th of this month is what I'm referring to.....

Oh and how is it, you can legally fit 22" rims to VE and VF commodores, when there is no relevant placard for them? A tyre shop is responsible to ensure a car is legal, when it leaves the shop, after a rim and tyre upgrade or downgrade...

Fancy that hey

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Considering I said I fitted 19s your question is irrelevant. Just love the sound of your own voice Im thinking.

Tyre shops generally employ morons that can't do anything else, relying on them to make your car legal is not the brightest thing one can do.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Considering I said I fitted 19s your question is irrelevant. Just love the sound of your own voice Im thinking.

Tyre shops generally employ morons that can't do anything else, relying on them to make your car legal is not the brightest thing one can do.

Fitting 22" rims onto a car that only came with a 20" placard has the same relevance as what you're trying to bang on about. ie putting the correct placard onto a car to match them rims....So have you got an answer for that, or just bouncing around?

True...Tyre shops only employ morons, because us morons have to deal with know it alls like you...Then know it alls like you go whinging and whining we won't do what you want us to do, because it is illegal...Catch 22 for us morons.

Trev084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 6 Seat Wagon. 2005 VZ SV6
The law changed over 10 years ago....You can fit what ever you like, providing it doesn't increase the track by more than 25 or 26MM from the widest track available for the car....The load rating for the tyres must be equal or greater than the load rating for the car....The rolling radius must be identical to the factory fitament for the car...And finally, mustn't foul any suspension components or body work

I think you have things confused. Yes track can be changed so much but you can do whatever rim size you want providing the tyre diameter does not exceed +15mm or -26mm.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think you have things confused. Yes track can be changed so much but you can do whatever rim size you want providing the tyre diameter does not exceed +15mm or -26mm.

Hummm....Isn't that what I wrote? I just didn't write the rolling radius perametres

Last edited:

Trev084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 6 Seat Wagon. 2005 VZ SV6
Well all that you have mentioned is rim size and track.