Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ LS1 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I checked the reference voltage from the TAC over the weekend to ensure nothing had happened in between setting it up originally and now. I was receiving the 5v reference signal to the correct pins so the problem does not appear to be there. I may have to bite the bullet and purchase a Tech 2 to find the gremlin.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi all - I finally pulled together the funds to purchase a tech 2 and got stuck into the beast today. There were a bunch of DTC - one related to the MAF (which doesnt exist in this build) and one related to the O2 sensors which have to be upgraded from VY to VZ so nothing we didn't know there.
Other codes:
P0200 one related to an injector malfunctiuon - will need to investigatge but she starts and idles then drops off severely and barely runs.
P2120 and 2125 - both related to the Accelerator Pedal and the cause of it going into limp mode.

I checked continuity and the pin outs from the TAC to the pedal and all are correct. Installed a new connector for the pedal while I was at it. The trouble is that the pins to the voltage divider are 1. 2 and 8 and 5, 7 and 3. (edit - this is incorrect information - the pin numbers in the manual are incorrect) The "genuine" LS1 pedal (part number 92183447) I can't find. I have checked a couple oftimes with Holden and they tell me the part number does not exist in their system. The pins for the correct version are 1,2 and 8 and 7, 6 and 3. The pins with reistance readings in the pedals I have are 1, 2 and 5 and 6, 7 and 3 (edit - this is incorrect information - the pin numbers in the manual are incorrect). eBay currently has one listed as belonging to a crewman LS1 - but according to the manual there is no difference between pedals. The only difference I am aware of is one part number comes with a sports pedal and the other doesn't.

If anyone knows what accelerator part number 92183447 is off it would be greatly appreciated (edit - it is off an LS1 powered crewman) if you could let me know so I can unload the crap I have been sold to someone who needs them. If by chance you have an accelerator pedal part number 92189343 please let me know. I am keen to bring this old girl back to here best and don't want to change her to a cable system unless it is absolutely necessary.

Cheers

Craig

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I found another part of how the system works. Over on the passenger side kick panel is the throttle control module.
Might be worth a look with the tech2.
7. Is the plug and is connector A111-X1
8. Is the module.

It has something to do with the cruise control also, so make sure that's plugged in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.02.49 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.02.49 pm.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.06.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.06.43 pm.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi Fu
Definitely checked them. The plug runs from the TAC to the accelerator pedal. I have checked both ends a number of time and all is good. I tried repinning it to pedal but didn't get it working (edit - this is incorrect information - the pin numbers in the manual were incorrect so I pinned it to incorrectly every time). Although the pin numbers are known which one is the reference voltage and which is the divider?

I may pull one of the pedals apart and track the circuit to see if I can figure it out.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey @Jolls, when you opened up the pedal assembly, did you find a spring like this?

F618DC06-4563-419E-AEF9-772BF579A92A.jpeg

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi Fu

I think so. I will pull the 6.0 litre one apart tomorrow and check for you.

Cheers

Craig

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was just looking at the image of the pedal sensor. Noticed this, but its not a clear photo.
If any of those fine contacts are fused together, that will create some headaches for you.
Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.32.55 pm.png

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I find it interesting we can use an aftermarket throttle at that Throttle Position Module can control, but the input references can't be modified to suit US Pedals or V6 pedals.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi All,

I received advice from another source that all blue ticketed pedals will run a VZ LS1. The advisor stated that the Holden Manual shows the incorrect wiring between the TACM and the Accelerator pedal. I have wired mine to match the manual (cut and shut to a new connector as the old one was cut off). If you own a working LS1 VZ is it possible - if you have time over the weekend - to take a photo of the back of the plug entering the pedal showing the wire colours so I can check against how mine is pinned and against what the manual has to say. (edit - the advice I received was correct - the pin numbers in the manual for the B22 connector are incorrect - folow the trhread to see the correct wiring)

I also found this from Haltech contradicts the manual (see attached).

If old mate is right I may have been chasing ghosts all this time.

I will be away working this weekend so wont get a chance to get back to the ute until Monday arvo when it would be great to have the mystery solved. I may just have to play with the pins until it functions - now that will be fun (not).

Cheers

Jolls

Attachments

• Haltech wiring guide.pdf
    121.2 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hold my beer...