Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] VZ LS1, CAM, Tune and CAI. Which ones?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Hey guys

In a few weeks I am putting my car in to get a mafless tune, CAI and cam. I was wondering what combo to go with, the tuner I spoke to said that the best intake is a ramjet, but I like the look of the Duspeed intakes, he never said anything about cam profiles.

What would be a good cam as I will be running stock internals for now, heads Etc may come further down the road.

Any advise or recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
What do u want from the vehicle? Intended use.

Go the Dus over the ramjet. You won be disappointed.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Dus ftw but as for cam what do you want out of the car and how do you want it to drive, remembering bigger is not always better when it comes to cams and street driving.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
It auto and currently has pacemaker tri y's, high flow cats and a twin 2.5 inch exhaust.

It's my weekender and I am looking to give the car more punch, I most likely wouldn't go to big of a cam as I want it keep it street able with some track day use, I hope to get that pushed back in your seat feeling under acceleration and a nice idle.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
219/227 .6?? 112

Should do the job. If your willing give the heads 30-50thou shave and run some e85 be mint.

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
forget the heads, go a stall and up the cam a bit...

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
either one of the two smallest Comp LSr cams, keep heads stock and stock stall = winning. Really depends on how much you want to spend

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I`m running 227/239 .609 .617 117 with stock auto the wide LSA stops it bleeding off cylinder pressure though a narrower LSA with give you more oomph up top speed were you spend #### all time.

thomasSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
For a ls1 I would try keep lift under .600 for a reliable setup. Anything over puts a lot of strain on the valvrtrain. Look for grinds with around .595 lift which is nice and reliable. Just up to really , keep reading around and give a few sponsers a call to see what they suggest. Another thing if your camming a ls1 I would suggest upgrading injectors too, to give you more duty cycle. 36lb minimum 42 lb perfect