Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ls1 rough idle and service vehicle soon message

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
Hey guys I just bought a 2004 vz Calais it’s factory auto ls1 it’s got 290 000km andhasnt been drivin for a few months I’m assuming only because it’s summer as **** and the heater was on full bull when I picked it up but anyway it runs rough and it actually stalled on me when I was leaving the servo 20 mins after I bought it. The thing is it’s not throwing any codes on my scan tool. But it does say service vehicle soon on the dash and the gearbox slips in second. But other then a rough idle it goes great but won’t shift to 2nd until ya back off and then if you put ya foot down second gear slips. My Biggest concern is the rough idle but no code what could it be

Kiwifolk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
check the spark plugs and leads, and maybe the throttle body for good measure? I don't think it would cause the issue you have but mine gets dirty sometimes. the gears sounds like your 4L60E is due for a rebuild. I did mine when I got my car and upgraded all the internals. its not super difficult to do yourself there are a lot of videos out of the states but you do need a bit of know how and some tools. but its a lot cheaper than paying at the shop!