Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ LS2 6 Speed Manual - VR Conversion

raksau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Wagon / VR 94 S-Pack / VZ 6Ltr Thunder Ute
Hi,
I recently came across a VZ LS2 6Ltr with the 6 Speed, Full Loom / Computers / Headers etc due to a friend writing off the rear end. Everything in the front is fine, starts, runs etc, just twisted the arse end and he couldn't be bothered dealing with it.

I have an immaculate VR S-Pack (V6 unfortunately) and i have been looking into doing a full LS2 conversion. From what i have read this is what i believe is required:
new engine mounts
new gearbox crossmember
relocate the alternator and starter
different headers or to modify the current k-frame or purchase a vr v8 k-frame.

Im not worried about the electrical side of it as i have an auto electrician friend who has told me it'll be no issue for him to tap the new loom etc into the existing loom.

However i've also been told the LS2 bottom end would line up with an LS1 conversion kit but i don't really have the $2,350.00 for the kit at the moment, if i have to put the project off for a while and save the $ then so be it but just trying to get a few diff ideas.

Has anyone attempted this job before and if so what would be your recommendations.

Thanks in advance
RaKS

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
also add cooling, fueling bigger brakes and engineering/emission.. ls transplants into early commos are common these days crs, 4blok, tuff mounts, cae, v6 conversions all do kits and some make adaptors to suit the v6 kframe and also checkout commore plus forum ls conversions is there main topic lot of ex members from street commodore forum thats closed
https://www.commodoresplus.com.au/?post_type=forum
gary who started this forum lives in sa and put a 454 into his vr senator

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Plenty of kits about to do this conversion but most that I've heard about still need **** modified because they don't fit right regardless. You are better of doing a lot of research and buy what parts you need that work from the relevant suppliers and make your own kit so to speak. Plenty of people have done this so there is heaps of info out there on this conversion. Steal the brake system of the donor car and the exhaust system, it won't fit but you can adapt it to suit.