Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ LX6 Adventra

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Do the engine covers still fit with the CPR6? if so could we grab some pics please!!?

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
Do the engine covers still fit with the CPR6? if so could we grab some pics please!!?

as far as i know they still fit, will try putting them on next week when ive got some spare time and get some pics up for you.

Kal123
Great looking car, and some nice mods so far!!

How did you find the growler?
Much difference in torque? Economy?

When i first put the growler on it did make a difference the car got off the line better and got up the revs a bit quicker, not a huge gain by all means but was a slight noticeable gain tho, and economy, well not too sure i liked the sound of the growl you get so like putting my foot down little more than normal. But i think it probably did drop a little, again not a huge amount but better than nothing i guess.

Corbs1234
Engine bay looks great with the CPR6 and the strut brace =D

yeah the strut brace and manifold look awesome together, not alot of room between them tho, was surprised how tall the manifold was.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
nice as, love it mate

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
Out of interest, does anyone know if the engine covers protect anything? or are they purely for looks? Coz looking at these pictures, the engine almost looks better without all the covers..

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
i dont think they really protect anything at all just mayb keeps things a bit cleaner otherwise its personal preference on the covers. With the CPR6 manifold you can't put the covers back on as of yet but Phil is trying to work out a way of doing it.

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
hey guys just quick update, as ive got this week off work thought would be a great time to paint my brakes here are some pics and a few quick pics of my weekend in the riverland

07102009449.jpg

07102009451.jpg

and riverland pics
P1000266Small.jpg

P1000278Small.jpg

Entrance to our camp site
03102009446.jpg

and another little addition
30092009442.jpg

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Nice Pics of some fun in the mud..
Just curious with these,
Does the glass actually lift up separate to the tail gate?
Cheers Trevor

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
Nice Pics of some fun in the mud..
Just curious with these,
Does the glass actually lift up separate to the tail gate?
Cheers Trevor

hey, yes they do its all connected like a sedan, remote open and button in the glove box will get some pics later on today and then post them up, very handy if you need to get something out quickly and dont want to open the entire boot

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
hey, yes they do its all connected like a sedan, remote open and button in the glove box will get some pics later on today and then post them up, very handy if you need to get something out quickly and dont want to open the entire boot

Cheers for your reply..That's a good idea..
I have always thought the VZ wagons should have had that sort of rear end,
the bloody penny pinching accountants probably canned that idea.

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
update on the headers and cats,
Last week when i took the car into D&T they went to fit the headers (VZ pacemaker) and they wouldn't fit, there wasn't enough room either side for them to bolt up. So they just fitted the cats last week and then they said to bring the car back again next week (this week Tuesday 13th) and we'll make some custom headers for you, usually costing double the amount, but we'll do it for the same. So i said sure thing. So the car went in Monday night before they closed, they started working on it on Tuesday and got the whole left hand side done, then on Wednesday the guy that was making them went to hospital to get x-rays done so Wednesday was a right off. All while i was driving around in the D&T performance ute. Today was a good day though, Wayne called me at around 3pm and said the car would be ready to pick up in about an hours time.
Here's some pics of the custom headers and hi flow cats installed:
Engine bay need a bit of clean as its still rather muddy from weekend in the riverland

15102009469.jpg

15102009470.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/LxAdventra
/15102009472.jpg

The exhaust note is defiantly deeper and has a nicer rumble to it now. will get a video once it has settled down.

and about to get new head unit too, Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD 7" touch screen. Will get some pics of that too once installed