Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ly7 improvements

gav the diff killer

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz commodore sv6 190kw ly7
Hi people,
I have an o6 vz sv6 commodore 190kw ly7. I want to improve performance on a medium budget. I been told these bottom ends are forged factory. Is this true? Any recommendations or experience people could give me advice. I was leaning towards full exhaust replacement but under bonnet is where I'm a novice. I was guessing lumpy cam bigger injection and cold air intake. Someone please send me in right direction. Thanks

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega sedan S1
You could install a supercharger though this is expensive and you're better off getting a V8 as these engines aren't really that tuneable...

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
You could install a supercharger though this is expensive and you're better off getting a V8 as these engines aren't really that tuneable...
Don't know about that, revhigh seem to get some pretty good gains. I picked up 22 rwkw with an OTR, 200 cell cats and a tune. This is at a guess about 27kw at engine. Putting it at around 237kw. I am about to get some further work done to it that I am hoping will take it to around 260kw or around 210-215rwkw up from the current 191rwkw.