Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ly7 improvements

gav the diff killer

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz commodore sv6 190kw ly7
Hi people,
I have an o6 vz sv6 commodore 190kw ly7. I want to improve performance on a medium budget. I been told these bottom ends are forged factory. Is this true? Any recommendations or experience people could give me advice. I was leaning towards full exhaust replacement but under bonnet is where I'm a novice. I was guessing lumpy cam bigger injection and cold air intake. Someone please send me in right direction. Thanks

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
You could install a supercharger though this is expensive and you're better off getting a V8 as these engines aren't really that tuneable...

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
You could install a supercharger though this is expensive and you're better off getting a V8 as these engines aren't really that tuneable...
Don't know about that, revhigh seem to get some pretty good gains. I picked up 22 rwkw with an OTR, 200 cell cats and a tune. This is at a guess about 27kw at engine. Putting it at around 237kw. I am about to get some further work done to it that I am hoping will take it to around 260kw or around 210-215rwkw up from the current 191rwkw.