Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Maloo full exhaust system ideas

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Yeah, though another member on this forum picked her up so she is still in the JCCC family.

I went twin 2.5 rather than twin 3 because from a performance perspective the 2.5 flowed plenty for the power and I wanted a quieter system. I find that unless there is actually a kotor that needs a twin 3 system attached to said system, it sounds a bit tractor like.

When I bought the car orginally it had a twin 3 inch xforce and I was basically embarrassed by the noise it made.

Yeah I don't exactly hate the sound of my xforce. But it is way too loud! Some time down the track ill be hitting up Naaf for a manta lol.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I have a friend with a vz maloo. He is running 4-1 difillipo extractors, difilippo high flow cats and a twin 3 inch manta cat back with hotdogs in place of the front mufflers but still running the rear mufflers. It sounds really good, and not as loud as I expected. Does have a bit of crackle though

I've got the same difilippo 4-1, and the twin 3in manta with front hotdogs/rear muffler although have magnaflow cats and it sounds deep and loud when you give it some.

Cheyne92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pak
Yeah when you get up it, it sounds nice and deep. Wouldn't mind getting the same for my ss if I had the money

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
well im 95% sold on the manta / pacemaker combo, trying to decide whether twin 3'' of just a twin 2.5'' Manta system.
Im chasing just the best note now, how much each size system makes on a dyno is irelevant to me.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
If you are after pure wank factor, and an ok note then twin 3inch. If you want a system suited to your car and a subtle but angry note, twin 2.5.

Oh, make sure you go stainless.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Cheers for the kudos everyone, makes my job easier lol.

It comes down to budget and preference. I like a loud exhaust, most people, as they get older, they tend to like them quieter, not me (I'm 44). But I don't like obnoxiously raspy loud exhausts. It's all about the quality of the note rather than the volume.

Personally, I like the mild steel over stainless, it tends to be mellower and less crackly. When using all the mufflers like on Jesters clubby, they are all reasonably quiet.

3" is louder than 2 1/2" (obviously) and can drone a little. It is also deeper. I would go the hotdog front / resonator rear combo no matter what size you went for.

The 3" will be $180 dearer than what I have quoted for the 2 1/2".

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I just want to let people know the differences in price in perth when looking for systems. I like to exhaust or avenues before making a logical choice for price and logic.
Had a quote for a pacemakers 4>1 1 3/4 100 cpi cats, id imagine they are the top of the line and a custom 3'' with x pipe mufflers into a 2.5'' section to rear resis and tips $4910

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$2k saving is is pretty good....

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Right had a big cam fitted 238 something idles at 1000 rpm, with pacemaker header cat and 2.5 hotdog - muffler Manta s/s. Now for my opinion its very loud on idle the cam thumps hard and drawing too much attention. everytime I start the car everyone LOOKS. , im thinking the car is too loud or im getting too old. But im s@3t scared mr plod is gonna one day be behind me at the lights and pulls me over because the loudness of the idle. Thinking OF swapping out centre hotdogs for mufflers would this work.... rather a quiet cammed car than too loud

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ahhh...it was you that sent me the message on FB?