Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Maloo full exhaust system ideas

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I live in WA and rung a few shops and prices vary, top of the Line defilipo system and ort, tune up around 5000 mark.
On the other hand can get a full hurricane shipped to me for 2 gran, 1 7/8 headers, cats, twin 3'' system all hurricane. But comparing to others like xforce, manta what is the deepest note?
Do have plans one day for a cam, but at the moment want a decent note.

What are some good combo's
Try Ys pacemaker, twin 3'' manta?
Full Xforce
Full Diffillipo

Full Hurricane
Pacemaker, hitech catback or burklee

Its endless, my thought is try ys and a twin 3'' system, but wouldnt know where to start

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
You have the exhaust guru in your back yard, contact him. Not An ABBA Fan on here.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I've got an xforce with rear resonators, 4 into 1s high flow cats and it's LOUD! I loved the sound of jesters car when I heard it. 4 into 1s with 2.5inch manta. Best sounding exhaust I've ever heard imo. Not too loud but nice and tough.

I like 4 into 1s personally. And if you're going to cam it down the track then I reckon they are the go. Better flow for your higher exhaust valvle lift.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Talk to NAAF. The manta system I had on he old clubby was amazing and he sorted me out with that.

The manta run a h-pipe which is what gives it a nicr sound IMO. Plus with the tip separation on the maloo it will sound even better.

Good luck.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I've got an xforce with rear resonators, 4 into 1s high flow cats and it's LOUD! I loved the sound of jesters car when I heard it. 4 into 1s with 2.5inch manta. Best sounding exhaust I've ever heard imo. Not too loud but nice and tough.

I like 4 into 1s personally. And if you're going to cam it down the track then I reckon they are the go. Better flow for your higher exhaust valvle lift.

So would a twin 3'' manta sound slightly tougher than the 2.5'' ? The stock maloo exhaust is 2 3/4? so minimal gains from 2.5'' but to be honest i just want the best note. Have emailed Abba and waiting to see what he reakons

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Talk to NAAF. The manta system I had on he old clubby was amazing and he sorted me out with that.

The manta run a h-pipe which is what gives it a nicr sound IMO. Plus with the tip separation on the maloo it will sound even better.

Good luck.

You be doing it tough as i saw on another forum and on carsales you sold your beloved clubsport, i look on carsales just because i like cing what mods ect others have done
How come you didnt go for the manta twin 3'' as opposed to twin 2.5''? What was the muffler configuration on your manta system as the have two to pick from. Cheers

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, though another member on this forum picked her up so she is still in the JCCC family.

I went twin 2.5 rather than twin 3 because from a performance perspective the 2.5 flowed plenty for the power and I wanted a quieter system. I find that unless there is actually a kotor that needs a twin 3 system attached to said system, it sounds a bit tractor like.

When I bought the car orginally it had a twin 3 inch xforce and I was basically embarrassed by the noise it made.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Oh and the system I out on had all the mufflers.

Cheyne92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pak
I have a friend with a vz maloo. He is running 4-1 difillipo extractors, difilippo high flow cats and a twin 3 inch manta cat back with hotdogs in place of the front mufflers but still running the rear mufflers. It sounds really good, and not as loud as I expected. Does have a bit of crackle though