Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz misfire with check powertrans light no codes

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Thanks heaps for that I have done this once before with a friends car, same model as mine we did all 6 on his. The only thing I'm concerned about is if I replace just 1 will the other's start packing it in. But we will find out.
Your always best to replace all of them if possible but if the budget doesn’t allow for it just replace the one and then save up for decent coils to replace the lot.

Julez3467

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz commodore wagon
Just a update for everyone, after changing all the coils and plugs. The car is still running the same, mechanic ran the scan tool over it again and it's now come up with a misfire code on cylinder 1. Now he believes its either a fuel injector or wiring problem to the injectors. I only had injectors replaced less than 2 years ago when I got rocket cover gaskets done.
Anyways back to the drawing board, thank you all that have tried to help.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There are still new wiring looms available for these. They cost about the same as 1-2hours labour by a mechanic chasing gremlins.

Julez3467

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz commodore wagon
There are still new wiring looms available for these. They cost about the same as 1-2hours labour by a mechanic chasing gremlins.
Thanks he did say the wiring looms were his next shot. He said though he couldn't see any physical damage to them. Normally out in a rural area like ours mice will get in there and chew wires.
Hopefully that he can find the problem soon, my cancer treatment is getting put off because my son can't take me the hour drive every week to have it.

stiffone

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0 ute
may not be the same issue. But mine was doing the missfire. i replaced the cam position sensor and the cam actuator and fixed the problem