Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Misfire!

christo

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a 99 VZ V6, 105k, which is misfiring intermittently. It is smooth after startup for about 30 seconds then misfires and idles rough, if I drive for a bit the problem is still there but goes away from time to time when idling. (but never completely!) No error codes or messages at all. Has anyone got any ideas? Would greatly appreciate it. I'm off to check hoses. Thanks!

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
99 VZ??

When where the spark plugs last changed? Could also be a bad batch of fuel you've picked up, run some Wynns injector cleaner through it if thats the case.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If you have a faulty plug lead or leads you will also experience a miss problem.

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
i had that with my calais not too long ago - a couple of weeks after i changed the plugs, and a day after holden serviced it...sus much???

i couldn't work out if it was the fuel or coil packs but after loosning and re-seating all the coilpacks it was fine... it was very weird and annoying tho

christo

Reaction score
sorry i meant 06 VZ! Thanks for the help, will go round the plugs & leads next.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have a faulty plug lead or leads you will also experience a miss problem.

VZ's dont have Leads, they have electronic coil packs. In place of the older leads & distributor cap.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
It's probably a vaccume leak or your spark plugs, check your intake manifold bolts are tight enough.

I had this once when changing my sparkies...

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i got the same prob and diagnostics showed something wrong with injector circuit on cylinder 6 ? still dodgy fuel i dunno?

christo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, just changed all the spark plugs and no difference. Perfect idling for about 30 seconds when cold, then rough idling & acceleration most of the time. Will keep testing thanks......

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have u tried process of elimination. Unplug each injector one at a time & see which one makes the difference or no difference