Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Missfire

Vonix

Reaction score
Members Ride
(Calais6) Vz calais 3.6 Alloytec
Hey guys, my vz is miss firing fairly bad, espicially @1900rpm, in 5th gear. The idle isnt rough, occasional surge when air cons on, obd2 picked up no codes, the misfire usually happens at 1900rpm with some throttle.

Any ideas?

Vonix

Reaction score
Members Ride
(Calais6) Vz calais 3.6 Alloytec
The thing is, my obd reader wont read any engine data, ive tried on other cars and it works, ive tried pids suited for the alloytec and still wont read it, and there isnt a rough idle, its misfire whilst driving. So no point spending 200 dollars on a coil pack that probs wont fix anything

ClemFandango

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ V6 Berlina Wagon
I had a misfire issue recently, and it was resolved with new ignition coils. The computer didn't throw an error or present a code. I'm not sure if yours is the same, but it presented as a bad shudder at about 1800-2200 rpm, usually high gear, speeding up, on freeway driving. After a week or so it started to knock on idle inconsistently, like a thump ever so often and after taking off slowly. It already had spark plugs done too. I'd say if your coils are original it's not a bad idea to replace them, and Mace Engineering sell the pack of six for 170 aud.

You can access three of the ignition coils on the alloytec without removing the intake manifold, and one of mine was the suspect one, so it might be less money and work than you think.