Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Monaro Stero

V

VZMonaroMan

Hi All

Have just ordered a VZ Monaro. Turismo with Sunroof. Currently driving XR6 Turbo but looking forward to the V8 Power.
Anyone able to tell me what the stero is like in the VZ Monaro. I currently have 6 speaker setup with sub and amp and love the sound. I hope the monaro is just as good if not better.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Well im not 100% sure with the new Monaros, but I think its the same spec as current VZ Calais one, with two less speakers, if so your in for a treat.
If you have custom sub and amp, you may get less bass with the monaro, but the sound quality is unreal. When i say less bass, it depends again on the current sub you have now.

let us know how it goes.
Cheers, Paul.

V

VZMonaroMan

Cheers Paul

I cant wait to get this thing....already have the smile on my face.... :D
I read the monaro has a 10 speaker system....where are these speakers...im assuming 4 upfront 2 on back shelf and 2 on back doors...this makes 8...10???

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
VZMonaroMan said:
Cheers Paul

I read the monaro has a 10 speaker system....where are these speakers...im assuming 4 upfront 2 on back shelf and 2 on back doors...this makes 8...10???
2 subs in the boot bro!

(no idea where the others are...)

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
VZMonaroMan said:
Cheers Paul

Might struggle to find them on the back doors in a monaro!

A

asylum

i think you'll find there are 2-ways in the front, 2-ways in the rear (where the doors would be) and 2x6" subs in the parcel shelf (compared to the 8" in calais and statesman) equaling "10" speakers (6 really)

a point i just figured out.... has anyone tried changing the head unit in a VZ?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I'm hoping to this time next week, I am wanting to change the single stacker in our SX6 Adventra which we'll be picking up hopefully Thursday night, for a six stacker.

I'm just waiting on 3 things - 1) the car, 2) the sale of the stereo and 3) the insurance (get this they'll let me put a genine SS steering wheel on the Adventra, but wont let me put an SS or SV6 dash or the CX6/LX6 wheels on the base model SX6??)