Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Monaro

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
Hey gents

Been after a car for a while, stumbled across a VZ Monaro CV8, my only question is how much would you expect too pay for one of these ?

They seem quite pricey

The one in question is a CV8 (non Z) 6 speed, however it does have a sunroof and spoiler (which i personally love), along with full leather, the colour is Odyseey (Grey).

Around 88,000km

Redbook values these around 28-31, but you never know with Redbook sometimes its way off, the car is in great condition but it does have aftermarket wheels, which turn
me off a bit, so ill use that as a bargaining chip.

Anyway, value wise, what are they worth ? current price 32 grand...................................But i cant see myself offering more than 28 odd.

What do u think ?

arthy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Monaro CV8 V2 SII
I think 28 odd (more close to 29) is a realistic price.. I paid 18k for my 2003 cv8.. with 110,000k.. I've notice the prices dropped a bit since no one wants a v8 anymore because of fuel.. maybe he wants $28k-30k that's prob why he listed it for $32k.. and note the manuals are always slightly more desirable. but I've seen some guys list 2002 autos for 30k+ with over 150k on the clock.

Tapatalk! arthy23

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
I think 28 odd (more close to 29) is a realistic price.. I paid 18k for my 2003 cv8.. with 110,000k.. I've notice the prices dropped a bit since no one wants a v8 anymore because of fuel.. maybe he wants $28k-30k that's prob why he listed it for $32k.. and note the manuals are always slightly more desirable. but I've seen some guys list 2002 autos for 30k+ with over 150k on the clock.

Tapatalk! arthy23

Yeah the prices tend to be really all over the place sometimes which is really why im not certain what the going price is for them

But around 30 does seem the go.

I never really even thought about getting a Monaro but when i saw one in the flesh, just so unique to look at, must be a 2 door thing.

arthy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Monaro CV8 V2 SII
hahhaa same.. went from vtec - v8.. something about the Monaro.. but my friends always give me ****.. they never ask how the Monaro is.. they always say how's your vx 2 door coupe.. they're kind of right in a way but not lol

Tapatalk! arthy23

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
My car was $20k, 110 on the clock - pics in my profile - 2002, my other car is a Clubsport same year - to drive I prefer the Monaro has a different feel about it that's for sure. I love it it's a dream car for me.

Oh and universally people love them, I mean everyone doesn't matter who they are comments on it.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/album.php?albumid=5067

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
I have no idea if there are any VZ Monaro owners here but the VZ monaro has 260 @ 5600rpm and 500nm @ 4000rpm
the standard SS had 250kw and i think its 480nm @ 4800rpm

I assumed the Monaro had the same engine? how is it that they have flattened the torque curve? JUST from the exhuast???

p.s and yeah something about 2 doors, (probably just cause ive never had one) so different to sit in.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Don't forget the roofline is lower and the windscreen slopes more too. Changes the feel quite a bit.

8-way adjustable leather seats make adjustments very easy as well meaning it's easier to find a driving position you will like.

arthy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Monaro CV8 V2 SII
all I know the standard (mine) Monaro is 230kw at the fly wheel.

and I did a dyno run on mine and got 219.1kw at the wheels..

and my car is stock as a rock.. maybe a happy dyno.. but the other cars there had pretty accurate readings. because they been to a few other dynos and had almost the exact reading maybe 1 - 3 kws off. so I dunno. lol

Tapatalk! arthy23

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
all I know the standard (mine) Monaro is 230kw at the fly wheel.

and I did a dyno run on mine and got 219.1kw at the wheels..

and my car is stock as a rock.. maybe a happy dyno.. but the other cars there had pretty accurate readings. because they been to a few other dynos and had almost the exact reading maybe 1 - 3 kws off. so I dunno. lol

Tapatalk! arthy23

If yours is a manual it will lose alot less through the driveline. Theres a bazillion factors with it comes to dynos/parasitic loss.

Monaros also have the different Intake. Holden probably decided its worth 10kw.

arthy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Monaro CV8 V2 SII
nope mine is an auto. so that's why I can't believe it.. the dyno couldn't be that happy could it?

Tapatalk! arthy23