Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrisrox

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
Ok so bought a vz that didnt start (cheap obvoiusly). So i turn the key reds come up turn to start and nothing happens. basically after alot of trial and error i have found that removing starter relay and shorting starter motor with key in start it fires up and runs so im assuming it is an electrical fault somewhere between the ignition and the starter relay. Question is what would cause this and is there an easy fix? If the starter relay is in it wont start using this process only works when removed will continue to run once i put relay back in but just wont start up again wont turn wont fire its like it doesnt recognize the key is turning. Any ideas at all guys would be muchly appreciated

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What trial and error have you already done? I take it you've already tried replacing the starter relay?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Assuming it's an auto it sounds like the NSS.

Chrisrox

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
Ok guys i appreciate the replies spent most of the night searching forums before i posted this. I have replaced replaced starter relay and all that but yea i actually found a solution on the forums about 10 mins after i posted this and now have it started.

Chrisrox

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
Ok so celebrated prematurely was all good. Went back to it after a couple of hours and ah crap same issues started again so what i have tried:
Changed ignition switch
Changed slip ring
Swapped starter relay with good relay
Checked all fuses both inside and out
Any other ideas?

Chrisrox

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
But once i got it started it started 4 or 5 times fine then left it for about 2 hours and damn same issue so leads me to believe the nns would be operating fine

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nss can work sometimes and not other times. When they begin to play up they can work 7 out of 10 times. But one day the car won't start at all.