Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ not turning over

stillmistaken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
3 weeks ago my VZ just clicked when key turned , replaced starter motor and problem solved, yesterday no action when key turned and no click , it randomly started after multiple key turns and this forum gave various diagnosis of issue but nothing solved , finally in desperation I swapped the starter relay and the blower relay and whammo problem has gone away, I'll get new relay when at shops but not looking to spend big bucks on problem as unit has 507000k's on clock and is tired looking but still doing it's job as daily.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't get what is big bucks about a couple of relays from Holden? I bought one for my bus and it was like 20 bucks and the starter relay is the same right through from VR to VE.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I don't get what is big bucks about a couple of relays from Holden? I bought one for my bus and it was like 20 bucks

This members profile indicates their 62 years of age, so there is a possibility they might be on a pension and not exactly loaded with cash
Not having a crack at you, but you've posted before about the expense of parts, or made comments about having to spend money unexpectedly to fix your other belongings
Just Food For Thought

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This members profile indicates their 62 years of age, so there is a possibility they might be on a pension and not exactly loaded with cash
Not having a crack at you, but you've posted before about the expense of parts, or made comments about having to spend money unexpectedly to fix your other belongings
Just Food For Thought

Yeah agreed. I also worded my reply badly as I sometimes do. Was more trying to make the point that they are an inexpensive part from Holden and was thinking maybe the OP didn't know, because most things are through the nose from the stealer.

stillmistaken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah agreed. I also worded my reply badly as I sometimes do. Was more trying to make the point that they are an inexpensive part from Holden and was thinking maybe the OP didn't know, because most things are through the nose from the stealer.
Haha, all good ,not implying that relays are expensive just general statement that due to high k's and general wear don't want to blow big bucks on fixes

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You have done well to clock up 500k, you still on the original engine?

stillmistaken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You have done well to clock up 500k, you still on the original engine?
Yeah mate still original, was reps car travelling from Brissy to out west, well maintained and I got it cheap with over 400k's, never been afraid of high milage cars that covered long distances, no real issues have just changed oils etc before due date and kitted the injectors , new plugs. Does have ecu issue does not pulse injector #1 so have put jumper across from #6 so they both spray at same time , not noticable even att idle.