Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Oil Issue

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
Hello everyone.

I have a new problem with my VZ Commodore.
When I go to start the car I get "Service Oil" error.
I've checked error codes nothing, so now I'm thinking when I last took it in
to service maybe they used the wrong type of oil? But I have done a lot of driving since then I don't understand why it wouldn't have come up before?

What could be causing the error and is the car still safe to drive?

Edit: Oil was new in the car after service before anyone asks, and i've checked oil levels they are fine.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hello everyone.

I have a new problem with my VZ Commodore.
When I go to start the car I get "Service Oil" error.
I've checked error codes nothing, so now I'm thinking when I last took it in
to service maybe they used the wrong type of oil? But I have done a lot of driving since then I don't understand why it wouldn't have come up before?

What could be causing the error and is the car still safe to drive?

Edit: Oil was new in the car after service before anyone asks, and i've checked oil levels they are fine.

This can be a cluster programming error or the oil pressure switch is dicky. The over seas's cars had the service oil from memeory.

The VZ oil pressure switches are looking to be a VZ pest and bugger up easy.

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
humm so can i still drive it ? and should i take this one to holden or to the same service centre as they promised to fix something they didn't do a good job on before.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
humm so can i still drive it ? and should i take this one to holden or to the same service centre as they promised to fix something they didn't do a good job on before.

If its a cluster error the car will drive no problem but for the chime. If it's the oil pressure switch - you may not know if the pressure fails. This would be unlikely in a young car - but not impossible.

I'd take it back to the place that serviced that car and get them to have a go if they have the scan tool.

Holden will be able to fix the cluster programming issue if it's that, and replace the oil pressure switch. (the switch was a little over $100 new)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
thank you very much for that, but i have no chime nor do I have any light showing up on my dash, it goes away straight after I turn the car on.

Sounds like a cluster programming issue and should be an easy fix. Holden may even do it under warranty - give em a call and see what they say.:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if it was the oil pressure switch, service vehicle soon is usually the chime that sings

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
I had the same msg in my car but its was "service eng Oil". Just took it to Holden they upgraded the software Cost $52. Told me it was a error on Holdens behalf for overseas models.

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
I had the same msg in my car but its was "service eng Oil". Just took it to Holden they upgraded the software Cost $52. Told me it was a error on Holdens behalf for overseas models.

Just one point, if holden made the mistake then why does the end user have to pay for their mistake? :bang:
I'll get it fixed tomorrow morning i'll post back as to what the mechanic said, he seemed to know what I was on about.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Just one point, if holden made the mistake then why does the end user have to pay for their mistake? :bang:
I'll get it fixed tomorrow morning i'll post back as to what the mechanic said, he seemed to know what I was on about.

Cuase my car was out of warranty!!
If i took it back to the dealer where the car was purchased, then yes they would cover it. im not driving 50km just for that.:whistling