Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LachyWindy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner S
Hi, ive got a v6 vz one tonner, im looking at putting an LSD and 3.9:1 gears in it but im having trouble finding anything about it or even getting a straight answer. My diff is old i assume as the sticker with the details has faded to white, and theres no information on/in the car about it. Ive researched forums and commodore groups for months and had my ute in at a mechanic to get a quote only to be told "Sorry, we are having trouble finding anything, we will get back to you..." (2 months ago) with no help.

So i decided id ask those who know a thing about commodores. What stock diff would a VZ V6 MANUAL ONE TONNER (open not lsd) have? Ive seen 100 different answers so i hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What year?
04/05 V6 Manual and Auto Diff code TYV Ratio: 3.08:1

06/07 V6 is the same, only there's no sway bar and the rear diff cover is the same as sedan and wagon.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The Ratio is stamped on the Crown Wheel,
But you may have to remove the back cover to see ratio stamping,
However if you change the Diff and Ratio, you will need to change the PPK in the Instrument Menu, so the speedometer will be correct.

If you not worried about the current diff in it, and are changing it anyway,
I would just concentrate on the PPK for the Ratio your replacing it with,
Do you have an idea of what you are replacing it with ?,
If so, post the ratio up, and most likely you will find out the PPK for the ratio.

Edit: I forgot to mention,
The Ratio of your Diff, and what Tyre Size you have/be using will also determine the Correct PPK.

What Tyre Size will you be using ?

Last edited: