Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz one tonner

Jim preston

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz one toner
Hi everyone, I’m just after some advice, as I’ve recently swapped an LS1 into my Vz one tonner. I’ve got it all up and running, except I’m having no luck with the fuel gauge..... I swapped pretty well everything out of the VY Ute into the VZ, except for the loom that runs to the back of the Ute from the drivers side kick panel. I’ve connected the two purple wires for the fuel pump and wires for the tail lights, but I’ve had no luck figuring out which wires go to the BCM for the fuel gauge.... will my fuel sender work since it was for an alloytec, or will I need to get another one to suit the VY system? any advice would be very appreciated, Thanks!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Was it a V6 before?

Morgs05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
Hi everyone, I’m just after some advice, as I’ve recently swapped an LS1 into my Vz one tonner. I’ve got it all up and running, except I’m having no luck with the fuel gauge..... I swapped pretty well everything out of the VY Ute into the VZ, except for the loom that runs to the back of the Ute from the drivers side kick panel. I’ve connected the two purple wires for the fuel pump and wires for the tail lights, but I’ve had no luck figuring out which wires go to the BCM for the fuel gauge.... will my fuel sender work since it was for an alloytec, or will I need to get another one to suit the VY system? any advice would be very appreciated, Thanks!
Mate I am just about to convert my VZ ute from a V6 to a VY LS1 how hard is it what k frame did you use VY or VZ.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Watch Laty’s Garage on YouTube. He did a VY one toner V8 conversion. Did a series of videos.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
But why?

The only difference in LE0 motors you’d need to be mindful of is the early ones (‘04) which had different cam position sensors to all the later ones.

Morgs05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
It's only an interim measure, engine and gearbox cheap comes with all bolt on gears and key equipment etc, has identical cam sensors is of a 06 model.
LS1 or 2 one day