Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Original Head Unit

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Gday ppls,

Just wondering, I just sold my original VZ head unit on ebay and the guy who bought it wants a harness to go with it BUT it is part of my cars wiring system, then says that the unit cannot be 100% working if it doesnt come with that harness!!! So i guess this guy doesnt have a commodore to install it to!

What should I do or say, any suggestion will do!

Cheers guys!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
He more then likely needs the plug that came off of it. He may have a commodore but doesn't have the plug at the end anymore. I'm guessing you sold yours beccause you have an aftermarket CD Player. Tell him to goto holden.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
hey 12Voltking,

I sold him just my unit by itself. And yes i sold it because i have an aftermarket unit. But i cant pull out that harness can i? I dont really wanna go out and pulling things out....dont wanna do damage there! So you reckon I (or he) could go to holdena nd buy that harness?

THanks mate!

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
did you mention in the ad that it came with the harness? if you didnt then its his problem 2 find one as you never said it would be included in the sale.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
sirVkcalais,

No i didnt mention that it would come with a harness at all. I did say 100% working order, and he claims it isnt 100% working IF it didnt come with a harness. I just feel bad now thats all...im not sure whose right and wrong now!

Oh wells!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
unless he has a car the same as yours and vin number the same it wont work anyways with or without loom hehehehe

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
unless he has a car the same as yours and vin number the same it wont work anyways with or without loom hehehehe

Oh!!! I thought all that is needed was the original PIN code for the head unit and thats it! Oh wells....lets see what happens!

peace

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Oh!!! I thought all that is needed was the original PIN code for the head unit and thats it! Oh wells....lets see what happens!

peace

Thats true...he only needs the pin code and it will fire up.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Donnie - give the spastic his money back, and I'll pay you whatever he did. I wouldn't mind a spare....

(he obviously doesn't have a bloody clue - for those style units the harness CAN'T be considered a part of the unit - unless he wanted you to give him the whole car!!) ;)

The harness is part of the vehicle. The unit IS in 100% working order. Give this wanker his money back, with a note to pop downtown and buy himself a clue!! :rofl:

Cheerz Mate, later.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Donnie - give the spastic his money back, and I'll pay you whatever he did. I wouldn't mind a spare....

(he obviously doesn't have a bloody clue - for those style units the harness CAN'T be considered a part of the unit - unless he wanted you to give him the whole car!!) ;)

The harness is part of the vehicle. The unit IS in 100% working order. Give this wanker his money back, with a note to pop downtown and buy himself a clue!! :rofl:

Cheerz Mate, later.

Hey Phreddy,

Heard/read good stuff about your work mate! keep it up! um...the spastic paid 100 buks for it plus 15 postage (which im NOT giving him back...or should I?) So, i told him that if he jsut wants his money back I will when I recieve the unit back. But....I havent heard from him yet...but when I do I will PM you, is that ok?

peace