Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Paint Costs

DarkAkra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hi,

I am buying a Holden VZ Executive tomorrow. The color of it is plain white but I plan on getting it resprayed black. Does anyone know roughly how much this would cost to do. It has a body kit. The links to the body kit are below.

VzGTZREAR3QTR.jpg

VzGTZFRONT3QTR.jpg

Thanks

-Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
what body kit is that?

It costs alot more to change a cars colour i.e. from white to black. Engine bay has to be done, door and boot jams, inside of the doors, bonnet and boot etc. You can skimp out and not do them but it will look soooo **** it isnt funny...

Be prepared to pay upwards of $5000 for a good decent job. not including dints or damage that has to be repaired and additional work you want done, which you always will.

Would be easier/cheaper to find a black one and put the bodykit on it.

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
it would cost a fortune, considering your changing to a contrast colour, eg, to not see the white between the boot, bonnett and door jams, all the fiddly bits that require pulling off and refitting to do it properly,

i got a quote to strip the paint off the bonnett, front right door, and prime and spray that< plus bumper, front quaters, guard flutes and side skirts for 2300

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Would be easier/cheaper to find a black one and put the bodykit on it.

could not agree more, if its just the kit your after, SSV in sydney sell it, so buy a good black one and chuck the kit on that,

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yeah, +1 for just buy a black car, or keep it white. It would cost less just to buy the black car and a brand new body kit fitted + painted.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
You would be looking at around $1000-$1800 to prime & paint, front bar, side skirts, rear bar and wing.

Dont forget, you get what you pay for, although sometimes this isnt true, an $1800 job costs $1800 for a reason, you get alot more for your money.

Bazza from down the road that will do it in his shed for $500 and a slab of jimmy will 100% guaranteed look like ****