Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Passenger Speaker Grill

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Has anybody replaced the speaker grill in a VZ Ute ?

Someone put their foot though mine :bang:

Help Please Someone.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
i think they can pop out and pop in, like any other speaker grill, im positive of that, but if im wrong, can someone correct me

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I did that just yesterday it is a bitch of a thing to do.
There are meatal spurs hich hold onto the plastic which are extremely hard to remove.
I eventually got the S#### and smashed it then got a knoif and cut the platic up and pulled th spurs off and reused them.
Just dont expect it to be quick (like I did :bang::bang: )
If you but them from holden there lke $20.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
thats the easiest way to remove the retainers lol.... its all i do at work when i have to change a grill. otherwise they go flying everywhere when you lever them off with a fork or screwdriver

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Would I be able to remove the grill with out taking the door panel off ?

And then stick it back on.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
The whole door trim has to be removed as access to is from the back.
The door trim is not to hard to take off just a few screws, but just remember to reconnect everthing before refitting.
I Did it the other day but stupidly put the door trim back on and realised the wiring for the mirror had fallen down and after fixing that and putting it back together i realised i hadnt reconnected the courtesy light so had to take a few screws out again.
But yeh good luck :thumbsup:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
I just had to do this on my VZ SV6. It appears someone has put their foot through the passenger rear speaker grill aswel accidentally. I bought a replacement part from the Holden spare parts center in Freo (Shacks Holden) cost me $40. When taking the old grill off I noticed that when the clips are removed, they tend to bend a fair bit and require a lot of force to remove. I have not as yet replaced the clips, the grill is just slotted in and sitting there, should be doing it today. Pretty bloody silly design flaw if you ask me. They should be a little more accessible like say for instance speaker grills on home theatre systems, with the rubber lugs that hold the grill in place. Ah well.....