Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz problem

Shiftyjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive
Hi guys, new here so go easy on me . Today I had the day of and had the pleasure of taking kids to school as I have a work rig I used my wife's car a 2005 vz v6 executive on start up I heard a rattle it sounded like it was coming from the cat the wife told me it has been like that for the last week so I thought driving the kids to school I can see how bad it is after about 3 kays the sound went away got the kids to school .on the way back however I pulled out into traffic had my foot down to start of with it excelerated fine but then I lost power I could not get above 60 now whenever I put my foot down I get a very loud drowning noise and no power it seems fine from 0-40 but anything over that or putting foot down to get more stick I get nothing any ideas out there guys could the cat noise be related

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
collapsed/blocked cat, so no exhaust flow,no go, check airfilter, maybe blocked/collapsed in not allowing airflow, is it misfiring, missing etc

Shiftyjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive
Hi mate thanks for that I will have a better look tomorrow in regards to your misfiring yes it does I have noticed that when at lights or just stopped in the drive way at idle every 30 seconds or so it shutters like it looses a few revs and the engine jumps around on last service I had a censor replaced and some coil pack replace as I have had this misfire for a while