Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Purchase

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
keep the relevant receipts in a folder which I can show to a prospective buyer. (I could also be in a tiny minority doing this.)

Count me as a member of that minority.

These are all receipts over the 19 years I had my VS, from the floor mats I purchased on day two to the last service receipt and everything in between.

MSvMWiF.jpg

Gave them to the purchaser when I sold it last year. He couldn't believe it....."I just chuck my receipts in the bin".

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Absolutely everything that has been done for my VE since I purchased it new in 2009 is in writing and is in the books plastic folder that came with the car.

I've had a lot of cars over a long time, and with this sort of information I get top dollar for my immaculate cars and they always sell very quickly.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I think I still have an actual folder with copies of everything I bought/did for my last car. I even went as far as scanning them into my computer to keep a digital version.

My new car came with a bunch of receipts for everything from normal servicing to extractors. Which is good because one of the previous owners lost the log books about 20,000km ago.

Log books are good but I think proper servicing receipts are better.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Buy the time Im finished with my cars it don't matter what documents I have when the inertia is black like a building site with scraps and dint's on every panel 380k+ kms. Agree with Figjam about Dodgee Bros Auto Servicing bring the book up to date by filling in services with believable distances and dates. I m sure lots of grubby little car salesmen stamp service books for services that haven't been done or only half the things done that should of been.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I recently purchased a 2003 Elantra for a work hack for 800 dollars. It came with an unbelievable amount of documentation and the most detailed service history I've ever seen. It needs a bit of TLC now as you'd expect with 235k on it but at least I know how long it has been since all the critical service items were done.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks for the replies, all good points.
She is keen but not $6000 keen, and she has been caught before, so did the full revs report and all good there.
I have looked at a few up here (execs and lumina) but all overpriced at $5000 in yards bar one private, and although low k's, 120000, it had been a tow car and never been looked after, so walked away on that one.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've noticed since i've been in SE QLD that v6 commodores here are generally all overpriced compared to other places. I know someone who paid more then $8000 for an VZ SV6.
If it's a decent car see if you can bargain them down, they might agree.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks again for all the replies.
Unfortunately, it was a complete waste of time.
The lady had arranged, on Saturday, for us to inspect the vehicle, at the sellers request, after 10 am Monday, so Monday at 6.15 am I caught the bus, which linked up with the train at 7.15 am which got me into Bris at 8.15 am only to find the seller had sent a text at 8 am saying he was going away for a week.
Real Australians do not do that sort of ****.
So we are still looking for a good white VZ.
She has cash, had done the full report, had inspected herself, and was ready to make a decision pending my inspection, pay on the spot, and drive away.
Like I said, Real Australians do not do this ****.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
That absolutely sucks. I feel your pain and annoyance.

Unfortunately stuff like this seems to happen all the time.
Still, it pisses you off when it does.

I once drove over 2 hours in the country to deliver a plasma tv to someone who had the money but had no transport, after saying he was there when I left. Turned up and no-one around. Asked where he was, send a txt saying he was out for the rest of the day because he was "shopping". I though screw that. I turned around and went home.
It's all just selfishness on their side when they do that.

Hope you have better luck on the next one.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Send a text back saying you had the money and were willing to take the car at the asking price with no haggling but because of their lack of consideration, they have lost the sale.