Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz remote key

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I am terribly sorry mate. I am not correcting you. You are quite right It is a silicone cover. It came with this particular key. But the key and cover are really nice. Been using it for a year. I am stoked.

Someone was saying they were $40 off eBay just for a key. You had a bad experience with the Chinese products.

I just wanted to say that these ones are really nice, and cheap. Totally satisfied. New everything - blade, cover, key case, electronics, battery. Nicer than the original, cause a little slimmer, and not that bakelite looking plastic. Works 100% from miles away.

I found the silicone cover a real improvement. Keeps the key clean too, and you can pull it off and wash it in water.

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hell, I think I am going to move to China and get a job selling them.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

morley46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman. 1978 HZ Statesman.
"Buy the best and cry once".
$200 for a new,programmed key over here,i got a new case(just swap over the innards)for about $10 online,Repco and Supercheap charge $30-$60 for a new case. Got a rubber case with button pad that you just slip over your old key,doesn't work! Something about transponder/transceiver interference problem.
Thanks for all the replys and suggestions, will see how it goes.

morley46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman. 1978 HZ Statesman.
Oh, I stand corrected,
I thought it was a silicone cover,
If its a sealed Key Head, I'm impressed,
I have never seen the actual colour Key Heads.
I got one of those silicon covers, my battery man said not to use it as it can stop the signal being transmitted! I used it on my existing key and he was right, my car wouldn't start! Strange.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I find it difficult to understand how reliable contacts are made when replacing the battery but not resoldering the contacts to the battery? That will end up being a buggy key.

This illustrates how the battery is removed and having encountered flat batteries many times in the past, why I still can’t get my head around how it can be removed without desoldering it and replacing it with an ordinary button battery.

Where to source the battery:
https://www.retrosales.com.au/produ...e-game-cr2032-cr2025-cr2016-cr1616-tab-tabbed

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I find it difficult to understand how reliable contacts are made when replacing the battery but not resoldering the contacts to the battery? That will end up being a buggy key.
I did mine in feb 2019 and I have had it apart twice since then, once to change the battery yet again( I used elcheapo batteries) and then on the weekend to take the pic which I put up earlier in this post.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Do you tape it down? Hot glue? I can’t zoom in much on the photo to see.

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
16037193572681339304645.jpg

I know why the car wouldn't start. If you want it to go without pressing, you have to just snip a tiny bit out to let that silver thing easy make contact with the security ring. It doesn't impede the signal for the remote, I can guarantee. Otherwise I am walking home.