Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Repair Manual

hwystar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7 Calais
I know this has been asked before but here goes again!:rolleyes:

I have been on the lookout for a repair manual for the VZ and have noticed that the Haynes version for the VT,VX,VY now includes the VZ. Has anyone got this version and if so is it of any use? The reason I ask is I have seen the old version where it only goes to VY II and compared this to the new version (VZ included) and there only seems to be a little bit more in the VZ addition. So I gathered from this that basically most of the items in these models (VT,VX,VY) are more or less the same?

I have my doubts on the amount of useful information that is contained in this version of the Haynes manual which includes the VZ. Are there any other out there yet (Max Ellery's or others). Also if there are after market car repair manuals available then has/will holden reduce their $400+ c.d version for the VZ??
http://www.haynes.com.au/category98_2.htm

Cheers

hwystar

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
I have one.
Has wiring diagrams for VZ and an Alloytec engine related chapter.
Apart from that it does generalise.
Considering it covers VT to VZ it aint that bad.
In my view it is worth the money.
Better than 400 large from Holden.
Although I am comparing apples with oranges.

Rod.

06Calais

Keeps me Broke
Reaction score
Website
img717.imageshack.us
Members Ride
06 calais
I have max ellery's. Its absolute crud. Much missing, lots of spelling a grammar mistakes, very little on VZ, doesnt even mention my 5 Speed Sports auoto found in Calais. Very little elctrical for VZ too. may well be usefull for VT to X but useless for VZ, will try gregory's next unless someone can put me onto "VZ102006" Manual on DVD/CD

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I have the Haynes Manual , it's a good piece of work , covers anything from a service to a major overhaul , got mine at Super Cheap

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

LexVZute

Real men drive utes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute 190 Alloytech
Yeah mate, Haynes is fine, but can be a bit generalist and make you perform extra non required steps at times. Don't stress, just do it.