Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kulaka1176

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz lumina
Started my vz v6 lumina drove for a little bit, car started running very rough and misfiring. Checked all areas for vacuum leaks, there were non. One by one I disconnected the coil packs while the car was running and found that “cylinder 1” had no change when disconnected. I than swapped coil packs with another and problem still persisted so it can’t be the coil pack. Haven’t had a chance to check spark plugs due to insufficient tools. I than tried swapping injectors. Started car and once again the problem still persisted in “cylinder 1”. I also checked power coming from the coil pack connector/plug and everything checks out. I have only had the car for a year and haven’t changed the spark plugs, upon buying the car no service history was provided so I’m unsure when they were last ,replaced if at all. The car has done 225,000km. Will be replacing spark plugs tomorrow. If this doesn’t resolve the problem what else could it be??

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
If spark plugs don't fix your problems, maybe either wiring from ecu to injectors, or the ecu it's self.
Search the forum for similar fault, and you will find ecu a common fault in the vz.